True North Adventure Cruises Australia and the company’s revered adventure-cruise ship TRUE NORTH, have again won a trifecta of awards at Luxury Travel’s 2016 Gold List Awards.
- best australian adventure experience
- best luxury cruise company
- best cruise ship (small)
For the third time in just four years the company (under its prior trading name North Star Cruises Australia) secured wins in three of the Award’s most coveted categories – Best Australian Adventure Experience, Best Luxury Cruise Company and, Best Cruise Ship (Small).
It is an outstanding result especially considering that no other company has won three awards in a single year – TRUE NORTH previously achieved this market-leading position in 2013 and then again in 2014.
The company also won Best Australian Adventure Experience and Best Cruise Ship (Small) in 2015 making the Gold List tally an impressive 11 wins in four years.
General manager, Peter Trembath, said the result was continued testament to the company’s focus on guest experience.
“At North Star, the experience has always been ‘king’. Yes, there is plenty of attention to detail and personal service – but the mantra at North Star has always been very much about giving our guests maximum opportunity to see things that they would not normally get to see and maximum opportunity to do things that they would not normally get to do unless, they were on a purpose built adventure-cruise ship such as the TRUE NORTH. We quite deliberately contrast the more typical ‘expedition-cruise’. We purposely avoid sea-days and offer multiple daily activities – every day on the TRUE NORTH is packed with adventure!”
Mr Trembath added that this year’s Gold List awards were especially pleasing as the company was preparing to celebrate its 30th Anniversary in 2017.
- Australia’s premier luxury adventure-cruise ship, the TRUE NORTH is purpose-built to sail deep into the heart of the wilderness, visiting areas that larger ships cannot access. Guests are privy to very-high quality off-ship experiences courtesy of the ship’s biologist and a team of naturalists, a ship’s helicopter and six dedicated expedition boats.
- Exceptional food and wine are also at the heart of a TRUE NORTH experience. The ship’s modern Australian cuisine is supplemented with locally sourced ingredients and complemented by an outstanding selection of Western Australian wines. Cabins are spacious and modern; there is a panoramic lower deck dining room, an alfresco bar, an observation lounge and a dedicated sports deck.
- Daily activities include scenic walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, cultural events and spectacular flights in the ship’s helicopter.
- Destinations include the Kimberley – a panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the still-wild coast of Western Australia featuring the intriguing Abrolhos Islands, world-famous Ningaloo Reef, fishing paradise at the Montebello Islands and, the pristine Rowley Shoals; some of Indonesia’s most stunning volcanic islands including Komodo – home to the largest lizard on the planet; the breathtaking islands of the Raja Ampat; the whale sharks of Cenderawasih Bay; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea; beautiful Sydney Harbour and, a seafood safari around South Australia’s delightful Eyre Peninsular!